Saturday, December 6, 2014

Lily Elise - Suitcases

Originally from the San Francisco Bay Area but now currently residing in Los Angeles, emerging singer/songwriter Lily Elise has just unveiled her new single entitled "Suitcases", produced by Mighty Mike and taken from her forthcoming five-song EP, Taken due out early next year. In regards to the single, Lily explains:
"'Suitcases' is about falling for someone who is emotionally unavailable. On the timeline of this EP, 'Suitcases' is set in the beginning. It has a light, fun feel to it because it was the start of something exciting, but at the same time he was always holding back. I wrote this one with Soaky Siren and Mighty Mike and it was one of the easiest. It basically wrote itself. It just felt really good and really natural."


Taken consists of collaborations with Felix Snow (Sza, Gallant, Nicole Sherzinger), Dan Nigro (Sky Ferreira, AlunaGeorge, Twin Shadow), Mighty Mike (Dojo, Sirah, Kelly Clarkson), Erik Belz & Danny Score (Jez Dior) and more. Lily's debut single single, "Generator," which All Things Go declared a stunning combination of pop and R&B that few can pull off was released in November. Watch the video below.



"Suitcases" and "Generator" each hold an important place as an expressive chapter in Elise's larger coming-of-age tale.
"The songs on this EP are a culmination of two years of hard work," Lily says. "They tell a story of struggling to find myself in the midst of an unknown career path and a destructive relationship, from beginning to end. They are my babies and while I'm terrified to push them out of the nest, I'm also extremely proud and excited to watch them fly."
Over the past two years, Elise has been writing, recording and collaborating with other musicians as she prepares for the release of Taken. Most recently, Elise featured on the duet "Cover Up" (below) with LA-based duo Frenship. She also lent her vocals to Dillon Francis' "Hurricane," a feature track off his new EP, which is currently available for streaming. In 2014, she wrote and was featured on producer and DJ Felix Cartal’s hit single, "Let it Go." She also co-wrote 15-year-old Hungarian Idol winner and winner of the Best New Artist award in Hungary Gigi Radic's first single, "Daydream," which was released through Magneoton / M-TON Records. The record went gold and "Daydream" broke records as the first song by a Hungarian artist to top the radio charts for over 10 weeks.



Lily Elise's unique take on popular songs, like Jessie J's "Bang Bang" and Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball," has helped her gain a massive Internet following. Currently, Elise can be heard singing Nina Simone’s classic, "Feeling Good," as part of American Eagle's new I'MPERFECT campaign.
"I've always been an artist," explains Lily. "I want to perform, and I want to make people feel something. I want to hear them singing my lyrics back to me. I want to talk to people after shows and get to hear their life stories because they felt one of my songs was about them. I want to inspire a little girl like me to believe she can do anything. I want to change people’s lives. That is, after all, what music is for."


"Suitcases" and "Generator" are both available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Good Music All Day.

http://www.lilyelise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment