Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tove Styrke - Ego

Following the release of her Borderline EP last fall, 22-year-old Swedish artist Tove Styrke has just unveiled her new single called "Ego" taken from her first full-length US album, Kiddo, which will be released this spring via RCA Records/Sony Sweden. .

According to the Tove Styrke the title of the album was inspired by her favorite movie character, Kill Bill's Beatrix Kiddo. Tove Styrke says:

"I like the word 'kiddo.' It's playful, it's the name of my favorite movie character (Beatrix Kiddo) and I've been called it for ever and ever for better and for worse. If I were to describe the album in one sentence I'd say that it’s playful, much inspired by movies (especially Kill Bill) and that the songs are very personal to me."

As for "Ego", Tove explains in a Facebook post:

"It's not a love story, although I'm singing "love" repeatedly. It's about losing a person you deeply care about to that someone's ego. Maybe they will come back to you one day, and maybe they won't. Me and Familjen sat in the studio crying, listening to "You're So Cool" from True Romance when we were working on this track. Those bells! And listen for the cello we put in the last chorus. It's epic in my opinion."





Tove Styrke's Borderline EP is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Pigeons and Planes.

https://www.facebook.com/tovestyrke

No comments:

Post a Comment