Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sonia Stein - Demented Mind

Following on from last year's release of her debut EP, Symbol, Berlin-born, London-based singer/songwriter Sonia Stein (who has been a longtime favorite of ours for quite some time now) has today unveiled the music video for her spellbinding new single, "Demented Mind", which also serves as the first single to be lifted from her long-awaited debut album that we're hoping will be released sometime later this year.

In an interview with ColoRising, Sonia says:

"'Demented Mind' was a song that I wrote a few years ago. It was definitely about a personal relationship. I was sick of writing sad and longing songs about it and I wanted it to be over and done with. I was hoping that by repeating 'you mean nothing' it would sort of magically happen. I am also very fascinated by the idea of denial and lying to yourself, and my goal was to repeat certain things so many times and sing them in a certain way, that it contradicts the actual lyrics. It is clear by the end of the song that by 'you mean nothing' I am kind of saying 'I am obsessed with you'."

Watch the video for "Demented Mind" below.




Sonia Stein's debut EP, Symbol is available now on iTunes and on Amazon.

Premiere via The 405.

https://www.facebook.com/soniasteinmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment