Thursday, May 5, 2016

Anna Straker - Late Night Swimming

Having recently collaborated with Fono on his track "Everybody Knows", 19-year-old London-based singer/songwriter and producer Anna Straker has just unveiled her seductive and summery debut single entitled "Late Night Swimming". Driven by a hazy synth-heavy instrumental, Anna's sweet and weightless vocal permeates the melody giving it an edgy pop appeal. Self-written, recorded and produced, this solo debut speaks volumes on talent from a young artist who began her career singing backing vocals on chart topping singles and albums for artists such as Rudimental, John Newman and Years and Years

Speaking on the track, Anna says:

"This song reminds me of a summer evening in London. I completely remade a track I wrote 2 years ago. The original track had a 6/8 time signature and I changed it to 4/4, giving it a whole new vibe. I found this cool synth sound on my King Korg, and I based the whole track around that. I love how dreamy it is, it feels free."

Leaving school at 17, Anna was finally able to fully immerse herself in her music and moved to London to pursue her solo career. Writing and producing tracks from her Grandma's attic in Acton, Anna honed these skills and her sonic identity. An exciting new talent has emerged and "Late Night Swimming" barely skims the surface of what Anna has to offer.

Listen to "Late Night Swimming" below.



Premiere via Pigeons and Planes.

https://www.facebook.com/strakeranna

No comments:

Post a Comment